The Quaker Parrot (Monk Parakeet) may be the best Parrot.



THE Quaker's speaking ability is considered by many, to be in the Top Ten of Speaking Birds. Many of the more popular Parrots, don't have much of a personality. They may speak a bit clearer, with a few more phrases, but personality? Not so much!
This little guy will keep you on your toes.................... What's that your eating? I want some!.....Where you goin'? Take me with you!!!!! I Love to sing!! Teach me a song. The Nest Building is Unique to the Quaker Parrot (monk Parakeet). Give him some materials, and watch him go!
Don't let your Shepard, or Siameese around!!! They'll be chased down the hall, by this little bundle of feathers.


The Quaker's speaking ability is astounding!


SMOOCHES' cage cover is an orange towel. He knows it as "My Baby". Time appropriate, he says, "You got my Baby", "Here's your Baby", "We go Beddie-Bie". It's now time for "Peek-a-boo".
The "Time Appropriate Speech" is rare to any "Mimicking Birds" While the Quaker does mimic many sounds , there are many things you may hear from the Quaker, You won't hear from most other Parrots.
While your washing your hands, or maybe some Vegies, "Whatcha doin'". Maybe if you leave the room, "Where ya goin'", "I Love You", "I miss You", or maybe just a "big wet kiss". We can't forget "Come 'ere"!!!!
The Quaker Parrot is definitely a "HUGE PARROT, in a TINY BODY"
If your thinking about placing a bird into your home, don't overlook "The Quaker Parrot"!



I'm looking for:






Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Try Adoption



HAVE YOU CONSIDERED ADOPTION????


Before you go out to buy that tiny, little, bundle of feathers, I’d like to remind you, that many Parrots live to a very OLD age. 45- 80 yrs.

Many Parrots out-live their companions. Where do these Parrots go?

Most often, family members “attempt” to “rescue" these wonderful creatures.
Although they mean well, many times, they don’t realize the time, and
dedication involved.


Most Parrots require interaction on a regular basis. Many people, simply don’t have time in their schedule for this on going need for attention. Others may not understand the Feeding, Grooming, Toys, etc…. needs.

In many cases, these parrots are given up to “Adoption Agencies”.

There are quite a few agencies out there. Here are just a few that I’ve selected for you to consider.

http://www.freeparrots.net/
feathered friends
http://www.ravenshaven.org/


Dogs, and cats, generally live to 8- 16 years. These are “pets”, that you realize from “day-one”, won’t be around for ever. Parrots, on the other hand, (depending on species) can live 9- 80 yrs. This is not a pet your bringing into your home!!!! It could be  a life-long companion!!!!

Before purchasing, and bringing home your new “companion”, you MUST ask yourself (2) questions.

#1; Am I Willing to take on this “life-long companionship”?

#2; Should I go for that “Little bundle of feathers”, or should I “Save that 25 year old guy, that lost his companion”?

I, being the “selfish bastard that I am”, went for the “little bundle of feathers”.

I am truly compassionate about saving these beautiful creatures.

I strongly, urge you. Don’t be the “selfish bastard” that I was!!!!!!!!!!

Please consider saving a “companion”, who “lost his companion”
Chances are, you’ll have a friend for life.

I only offered a couple of sites. Please, don’t be afraid to look around! There are many more awesome sites out there.

Now, go out there, and save your new friend!!!!!!!!!!

Don't stop now! There are still three more pages of info.
NEXT PAGE

jaytee



I'm looking for:




PetSmart - Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Let Me Know What You Think
If You Would Like A Direct Response, Be Sure To Give Me Your E-address.