The Quaker Parrot (Monk Parakeet) may be the best Parrot.



THE Quaker's speaking ability is considered by many, to be in the Top Ten of Speaking Birds. Many of the more popular Parrots, don't have much of a personality. They may speak a bit clearer, with a few more phrases, but personality? Not so much!
This little guy will keep you on your toes.................... What's that your eating? I want some!.....Where you goin'? Take me with you!!!!! I Love to sing!! Teach me a song. The Nest Building is Unique to the Quaker Parrot (monk Parakeet). Give him some materials, and watch him go!
Don't let your Shepard, or Siameese around!!! They'll be chased down the hall, by this little bundle of feathers.


The Quaker's speaking ability is astounding!


SMOOCHES' cage cover is an orange towel. He knows it as "My Baby". Time appropriate, he says, "You got my Baby", "Here's your Baby", "We go Beddie-Bie". It's now time for "Peek-a-boo".
The "Time Appropriate Speech" is rare to any "Mimicking Birds" While the Quaker does mimic many sounds , there are many things you may hear from the Quaker, You won't hear from most other Parrots.
While your washing your hands, or maybe some Vegies, "Whatcha doin'". Maybe if you leave the room, "Where ya goin'", "I Love You", "I miss You", or maybe just a "big wet kiss". We can't forget "Come 'ere"!!!!
The Quaker Parrot is definitely a "HUGE PARROT, in a TINY BODY"
If your thinking about placing a bird into your home, don't overlook "The Quaker Parrot"!



I'm looking for:






Wednesday, February 24, 2010

SMOOCHES


 

"SMOOCHES" THE BLUE QUAKER



Almost a year ago, I bought my girlfriend a QUAKER PARROT. She's had "BIRDS"
before, so I knew she could handle it. I, on the other hand had no idea
what to expect. I'm totally amazed by, what this little bundle of
feathers, is capable of.


I'd like you to meet "SMOOCHES".

Smooches is a BLUE QUAKER.

About 2 1/2 years ago, "K" went to the pet store, for turtle food. She told me she saw a "beautiful BLUE QUAKER", and wanted to bring him home that day. Over the next couple of weeks, I kept hearing, "I went back..... he's still there....... he's so
beautiful....". Then one day, she said "he's gone! Someone bought him!"

I was on a "mission".

Gotta find a "BLUE" for my baby.

Finally, after over two years of searching, I was told, "we have two BLUE QUAKERS coming in today". FEB. 13, PERFECT!!!!!!!!! I kept wondering, ....how do I decide between the two?.......... While filling out the paper work, "ONE" was delivered. I guess the choice was made!!!!


We spent the next several weeks, visiting this tiny little bundle of joy, as much as possible. Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to come home!!! Then came the bad news!!! "AS MUCH AS YOU WANT TO HOLD HIM, AND CUDDLE HIM, YOU NEED TO AVOID CONTACT, AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, FOR TWO DAYS". (Birds need to get accustomed to their environment). Hard as it was, we did as instructed.

During the first evening, and following day, he did quite a bit of SCREECHING. When he did, we (usually, simultaneously), would say what!!!! Within about 22 hrs. of being brought home, he said his first word. "WHAT!!!!!!". Since then , it's been a roller coaster ride.

The words/phrases he's learned to say, the sounds he mimics, are astounding!!!!!!! "COME 'ERE", "WATCHA DOIN'", "I'M A VERY GOOD BOY",just a small example. The sound of, "CHUGGING WATER FROM A BOTTLE", "WOLF WHISTLE", "THE SOUND OF A REALLY WET KISS". On top of all that, "24", I repeat, "24" "BIRD CALLS HE LEARNED FROM 2 (COO- COO CLOCKS)!!!!!!!!!!!

When the "GODS" made the decision for me, on which of the two, they must have known what they were doing!!!!

I don't think you can hope for, such a great outcome , in such a short time. But if your looking for a "great talker, for a reasonable price", the QUAKER is the way to go!!!!!!!!!!

jaytee



I'm looking for:


PetSmart - Wild Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Let Me Know What You Think
If You Would Like A Direct Response, Be Sure To Give Me Your E-address.